Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Going Home

This is going to be a short one...yes it is 6:15 a.m.  For various reasons (every person and animal in this house) I have been awake since 3:30 a.m.  I spent a lot of days dreading my old office job but at this moment the idea of only having to make it until 4:30 p.m. instead of 10:00 p.m. or later tonight before I can rest sounds like a dream come true.  But there's no point in thinking about it.

Yesterday I reached into the sweatshirt pile again and found this grey tunic sweatshirt. 
 
This was a problematic ensemble for "selfie" photography because I could not under any circumstance take a picture where I didn't look really shapeless.  I don't think it looks that bad in person but...maybe I'm mistaken.  I actually like this shirt as far as very casual clothing goes.  I like the neckline.  Also, it will always be special to me because I wore it the day we brought Ben home from the hospital on March 10, 2012.  My mom gave it to me as a present to wear that day.
 
 
Speaking of going home days, today is a special one.  Five years ago today, Allan came home from the Humane Society to live with us!  I remember waiting for Justin to return home with him and being anxious that having a cat might not work out for various reasons (mostly I was worried about litter box issues).  I had nothing to worry about in that area and the years have flown by.  He is not going anywhere anytime soon. 

 
Since I was already in the old file from March, here are a few pictures of Al's first days as a brother. Well, to Ben, anyway.  He had a brother that he shared a kennel with and we still talk about him and wonder if we should have taken him too.  I hope he is as happy as Al is. 
 

Happy anniversary kitten!

No comments: