Monday, October 20, 2014

Dry Clean Only? Okaayyyyyy...

Some time in late 2011 or early 2012, I can't remember when exactly, the store "Forever 21" came to ND.  Before that, any time I shopped in a different state I liked to rifle through the endless racks there, looking for unique and very very cheap clothing that I knew everyone else at home wouldn't also have.  I bought this shirt on one of those trips.
 
I am referring to the spider web shirt, not the long sleeve under it.  This shirt is made of some sort of silk blend, which warranted a "dry clean only" label.  I usually avoid anything "dry clean only" as often as possible unless it is a coat, suit, or fancy dress.  Seeing as this shirt probably cost less than $20.00 I was not going to bring it to a dry cleaner so I washed it and of course it was fine.  It's still fine. 
 
I wore this shirt often during my office days of 2010 and 2011 because it is pretty versatile.  It can look dressy or casual since it is silk and the spider web/crackly print is unique.  I always got compliments on it and the reason I stopped wearing it was the same old excuse...pregnancy and an ill fit since it is kind of clingy and bias cut-y.  But it's not so bad.  I should wear it more often. 
 
I still kind of roll my eyes every time I take my own picture in the mirror for this challenge.  It just make me laugh.  Here is an "outtake" so you can see how I struggle with this skill! 

 
Also, I am going to try to do another post this afternoon with pictures from a fun day at the Pumpkin Patch for all of you non-challenge readers!

No comments: