Friday, April 5, 2013

The 30th

As some of you may know, yesterday was my 30th birthday.  As 2012 turned to 2013 and I knew the day was coming I was dreading it even though I know that is a cliche and age is just a number and all that.  It really is hard to leave the 20s behind.  It was a really fun time in my life and knowing it really is over has make me really nostalgic and sad.  I also feel like I could have accomplished more or done better at what I did accomplish.  So I wasn't even going to mention my birthday and just let the day pass by without fanfare and then get on with the next decade.

And then...Ben started walking!  On my birthday!  REALLY KID?  We have been thinking this day was inevitable for months.  He crawled between four and five months, started furniture cruising between six and seven months, so the logical time we thought he would walk would have been between ten and eleven months.  Well, it didn't happen and didn't happen.  This last month he has been getting around by walking on his knees!  Ugh!  So this is exciting.  It is very exciting for me because since he is out of the the removeable car seat I can't bring him anywhere (mainly public bathrooms) without him crawling around on the floor.  This will be a good step (hehe) for our daily lives. 

The rest of the day was fine.  It was no college era party with twenty people eating at Paradiso before a night of drinking or a glowing first time buying trip to the liquor store but it was OK.  Justin got me a new phone for me and Ben to constantly have power struggles over the possession of.  I win, Boy, I will always win...

No comments: