Thursday, April 18, 2013

It Continues

Yes, the snow is still here and after a second pass with the plow blade now our front yard looks like this...

 
It is hard to get an idea of how tall this crusty mountain of snow is from the picture.  It is up to my neck and it so soooo beautiful.   That messy track you can see is where the dumpster goes for garbage day, which is today.  It was quite a fiasco trying to situate it so it wasn't in the middle of the street or blocking the driveway. 
 
I am trying to come up with something else interesting to say but I can't.  I really don't want to lose my creativity but recently I have just been feeling brain dead.  I don't have time to do any fun projects because Ben wrecks everything I do and he only naps for two hours a day which doesn't give me time to do much of anything beyond basic household functions and a mediocre blog post a few times a week.  I checked out a few library books for myself ("Tim Gunn's Fashion Bible: The Fascinating History of Everything in Your Closet" included!)  this morning after the baby story time and they have only been in the house a few hours and I have had to guard them from him with my life.  If he sees them he is on a mission to get to them and inevitably destroy them.  When I was looking back at old posts around Easter I couldn't believe how long and detailed they were and, if I can admit it, how entertaining they were!  I am surprised anyone is left reading this mess of baby pictures and complaints.  A goal of my life is not to lose my personality and creativity because I have a kid and it is easier said than done sometimes.  And then there is that blasted Pinterest taunting me with fun ideas!  Hopefully when we can finally play outside Ben's energy can be allocated somewhere else besides climbing all over the furniture and trying to wreck the one plant left in the house which happens to be an Agave cactus that also will be moved outside as soon as it is warm enough which will probably be in June at this rate.
 
I guess it is time to just look ahead to the following weeks...the Weather Channel app on my phone is forecasting a 68 degree day for April 27! 
 

No comments: