Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Full Term YEaaaahhhh!!!!

Today was weekly appointment day once again and if you are getting your hopes up there was no news and nothing really has changed!  However, this is a good day because I am 37 weeks pregnant which is full term!  No NICU for this baby!  I am getting anxious to be done with being pregnant (at least for now!) so I would be ready at any time.  Although...I will be glad with each additional day because I know alot of key development happens during these last weeks.  I remember seeing an article about unnecessary c-sections in Time magazine months ago (it might have even been before I was pregnant) and there was a chart in there that has stayed with me...it showed how the size of babies' brains increases from week to week from 37 to 40 weeks.  And it was quite an increase.  I looked all over the internet and google images to find the chart and I found the article but there was no chart.  The one below is the best I could find.  These deficiencies are overcome in the weeks after birth, of course. 


Anyway, I am getting really tired of being pregnant and I don't mean that in a negative way because I know there are families out there who struggle in that area for years.  However, I don't think anyone enjoys the last weeks very much.  For example, I was watching "Biggest Loser" last night and some of the women on there weighed less than I weigh right now (and it is still early in the season).  Also, these maternity clothes suck. 

I have been cleaning alot lately but I don't think it is nesting...it really is just trying to catch up on chores that weren't done at all during the time I was gone for over a year.   You don't want to know how big the dust bunnies were under our dressers.  They were more like dust tumbleweeds or something.  It was kind of embarassing.  Also, our stovetop has never been cleaned at all since we moved in (well, it gets wiped off, of course!  I am referring to the drip pans and under the lift-up part).  The reason I know this is not nesting is because nesting supposedly has an accompanying burst of energy and I don't have a burst of energy.  I would rather be watching recorded episodes of "Dance Moms" and reading magazines.  I'm just doing it because I don't want my house to be gross. 

So that's all for now! 

No comments: