Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shooting Range

Yesterday afternoon Justin called me and asked me if I wanted to go to a nearby shooting range that is located about 20 miles north of here so he could sight in his hunting rifle.  Although this sort of activity isn't usually something I enjoy, it was really nice out and the trees are turning lovely shades of gold and red so I thought it would be fun. 

Here is Justin getting down to business.  That green case is full of his "reloads" that I mentioned awhile back. 

This attractive shot is to show the earplugs that Justin so kindly bought for me before we left.  They look like headphones! 

This photo kind of gives me the creeps, but it also makes me laugh.  I don't look too uncomfortable, do I?  Well, I was.  I don't really like shooting.  I don't like the noise or the way guns kick back.  Oh well, it was an enjoyable evening.  We were the only ones there so there was no one to laugh at me. 

Speaking of the leaves changing, this whole city is so beautiful right now.  I want to take photos so badly but it makes me uncomfortable to be walking around snapping random pictures.  I'm afraid poeple will think I'm a creep or something.  I tried to take some pictures of the trees and houses across the street in a discreet fashion but the pictures didn't turn out.  I have never seen it like this because we moved here in late October after the leaves had fallen and last year there was some sort of wacky phenomenon where it got really cold really fast and then it got warm again and the still green trees dropped thier leaves before they could turn.  I remember posting about it because it happened to the tree in my front yard (which is still mostly green).  I am frustrated because I won't get to see how it looks when it changes.

I won't get to see how it looks because I am going to start working in Fargo again for a few months.  I start tomorrow.  I was supposed to start two weeks ago but there have been delays beyond my control.  I'm glad to be working again, but I am pretty despondent about not being home for the fun things that will arise in the next few months.  I won't be here to decorate my front step with pumpkins or for trick or treating or to decorate for Christmas.  And of course I will be very lonely for Allan and feel guilty about not being around him.  Last time I think he forgot me.  (Of course I will feel lonely for Justin also, but I will see him every weekend and he can actually communicate with me!)  But at least there will be fun things to look forward to in Fargo such as football games and tailgating and the fun and comaraderie that accompanies hunting.  And I will enjoy the sprawling flatness of Fargo.  People make fun of it but it feels familiar and welcoming to me.  I will also enjoy the shopping in Fargo.  While it can't compare to a major metro area it is about 85% better than the shopping here.  So, back to my sister's basement I go...sigh...


No comments: