Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Potatoes!

I was going to show off another quilt I made today, but I had to show this instead! Something decent actually came from our garden! Justin was mowing and doing yard work last night and decided to try to dig up some of the potato plants. What is in the bucket was the produce of four plants. We grilled some of them last night and they were delicious! We also ate a few carrots. They are not very good though. Well, they taste good but they don't look good. They are thick and short. I think they didn't get thinned enough. I felt like I pulled out so many earlier this summer but I guess it wasn't enough.


Also, the tomato plants have been producing. They came from a greenhouse though, so I can't take all the credit!

Here's an Allan picture...that brown thing is a cheap scratching toy that is made of cardboard. The cardboard refills are really cheap so you can replace the ones in the frame if they get scratched to pieces. It came with a bag of catnip and, as you can see, Allan is attracted to it!


No comments: