Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Thought It Would Never End...

Does anyone know what this picture is?  It is construction workers gathering up orange cones.  Yes, the orange cones that have been all over the place on our street since the snow melted.  They are being hauled away! 


The street is open again!  It's such a pleasure not to have to weave around huge piles of dirt, parked machinery and huge pits cut out of the pavement.  I won't have to worry about getting ready to leave the house only to find a huge truck blocking my driveway.  And people besides construction workers get to see my nice flowers!  It actually isn't completely done...it needs to be resurfaced and painted but the gates are gone. 

Although I am happy, I forgot how loud this street is when it has traffic.  Kind of annoying.  It is an emergency route, but the ambulance and fire truck traffic hasn't resumed yet.  Although the noise is kind of a pain it is nice to live on an emergency route in the winter time because the snow is always cleared immediately.  But...I don't want to think about that yet.  The high forecast for today is in the 80's.  Keep in mind that it snowed about 10 days ago.  Crazy ND. 

No comments: