Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sewing with Allan

During my recent sewing exploits I took several pictures of Allan's behavior while I was trying to accomplish something. He was a huge pest. In order to get anything done I had to just let him do whatever annoying thing he wanted to do for a few minutes until he got bored and went to sleep.

Here he is tangling himself in the back of a quilt as I was trying to press the seam down the middle.

He loves to burrow under blankets and this quilt top was no exception. I was trying to put the front and back together and he kept messing it up.

More of his nonsense.
For these quilts, I tied them instead of quilting with a needle and thread (too much detail for me!) and I happened to have my old "friendship bracelet" kit from elementary school here! My friends, sister, and I used to make friendship bracelets out of embroidery floss. I learned many techniques at the various camps I attended. I found it when I was cleaning my room at the farm this summer and decided I wanted to make some bracelets! I never did but I was glad to have all the embroidery floss for my quilts! Allan immediately started tearing the box apart.

That blue thing is a plastic spinner tool intended for winding floss onto the cards. I recall that it didn't work as well as just using your hands but it looked cool! Allan is knawing on it here for some reason. Brat.

Then he started pulling out the cards of thread and bracelets. Oh well, no damage done to anything! I should enjoy his kitten-like behavior while it lasts!


No comments: