Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Justin's Interests

I know I mention my own hobbies and interests on here alot more than Justin's, so today I am going to share one of his with all of you!  He has taken up reloading over the last few years.  Reloading refers to the reloading of shotgun shells, or should I say hulls, that are used in a hunting or recreational shooting context.  I really don't know what I'm talking about right now, but, according to my internet research,  I know the terms "wad" "primer" and "load" are important vocabulary words to reloaders.  There are different recipes (yes, recipes) of what type of gunpowder and how much to use for different types of hulls that go with different types of guns.  Apparently you can improve your shooting accuracy after some practice with reloading and many hunters feel that they can make better ammunition than they can buy in a store.  I even came across a "recipe" contest where reloaders could submit their favorite recipe! 

Many reloaders feel that they save money bye reloading instead of buying new shells.  However, I believe you have to shoot alot of rounds (a guy on a website said you would have to be like Rambo) to really save alot.  Who cares, though, if it is something enjoyable for the reloader?  If Justin thinks this is a fun activity to share and talk about with his friends and relatives then that's great.  Well, it's great as long as he follows all safety precautions and my house stays free from gun powder related mishaps!  (Don't worry, when it comes to guns he is very safe).


Here is the workbench he built in the basement where he does reloading.  He wired in the outlets and the floursescent light above. 

Another view.  I might have featured this work bench in the past but if I can't remember you probably can't either!


On a related note, when I arrived home from the Y this morning the mail had arrived and I saw that something big was in the box.  I thought, "Oh great, another phone book...who even used one anymore anyway?"  But no...it was a limited fall edition of a Cabela's catalogue that said "Thank you to a very special customer" (Justin has a Cabela's Visa).  It has a hard cover like a text book!  He will get hours of entertainment from this thing.  It's kind of like the old JC Penney Christmas catalogue that was filled with pictures of toys. 

No comments: