Sunday, May 2, 2010

Would You Believe in a Love at First Sight? Yes, I'm Certain It Happens All the Time...

This morning I woke up in a hotel room with pain radiating from my feet and a fancy little purse sitting on the table next to me exploding with wadded up $1 bills and a hotel key card. My beautiful and once pristine party dress was in a pile on the floor along with the foot offending shoes. I looked at my camera and it was filled with photo after photo of my relatives dancing around like fools. All of these clues point in the same direction. . .my cousin got married yesterday!

The title of this post is taken from the last verse of the song "With a Little Help From My Friends" by the Beatles and covered by Joe Cocker. It was used as one of the songs in the wedding slideshow last night and it makes me sentimental. (It also make me really miss the TV show "The Wonder Years"! I really wish that show would be released on dvd, but it hasn't been done yet due to the prohibitive cost of purchasing the rights to all of the music featured in the episodes! So sad...) I thought it was an acceptable title because Laura and Kevin are perfect for each other and it was a wedding that was meant to be. Laura and Kevin met when they were students at UND (they swallowed their pride and had an NDSU tailgating bus as their wedding transportation!) and Kevin is so nice I don't think anyone could think of a negative thing to say about him! I'm glad to have him as a new "cousin"!

Here are a few photos I took throughout the day. I took quite a few pictures and they aren't the greatest but hopefully you enjoy them anyway!

My sister and I and Laura's cousin Virginia handed out programs and tended to the guestbook and gifts before the wedding so we were in the entrance when it was time for the wedding party to walk down the aisle. I quickly snapped this photo right before Laura and Gale walked down the aisle. The wedding was at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Fargo and the reception was at the Holiday Inn.

There is the bride and groom! They look great! In case anyone doesn't know, Laura is the youngest daughter of my Dad's brother, Gale. She is the fifth of nine grandchildren on my dad's side. We always were up to antics whenever our families got toghether when we were growing up and Laura and her older sister, Kara, would often come to Hatton for the weekend during the summer and Andrea and I would stay in town with them at our grandparents' house. We called it "Camp Grandma" and we spent the whole time eating at the dairy bar, playing with kittens at the farm and playing harmless pranks on each other and our grandparents!

Anyway. . .back to the wedding. . .

The reserved tables where the family member sat were designated by wedding photos of Kevin and Laura's parents and grandparents! I love that idea. We happened to sit at a table with my grandparents' picture on it!

Look! My cake has an "M" on it! How did the servers know my name started with "M"? Oh what? It's a "W" for "Walker"? Oh, OK. . .


Here is one of several photos of the cousins. Getting this organized was next to impossible because the party was already underway. (Acutally, there was no party. Kara is just wearing a Hawaiian lei because she wore it to the wedding and didn't want to take it off. Haha riiiiight!) It was a good party, by the way, with a long lasting flow of keg beer and fast and attentive bar staff. The dance was fun and my mom paid the DJ $5 to play "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf even though they had a pretty long list of requests!
Congrats Kevin and Laura! If anyone believes in superstitions these two will have a happy life because it rained on their wedding day!

No comments: