Tuesday, May 4, 2010

One of my readers has a special birthday. . .!

I previously haven't mentioned other people's birthdays (except my own fabulous Easter birthday!) but it might be kind of fun especially for a milestone! So tonight I am going to put my Aunt Kris on the spot. It is her 50th birthday today! For anyone that doesn't know her she is my mom's younger sister and the middle child of her family. She plays tennis, loves animals, and is a pro at finding deals online and at TJ Maxx (one day she and my mom were both ordering the same vest on clearance online at the same time while they were on the phone and mom got the last one!). She finds hilarity in everything and is a understated cancer survivor.

I have some old family photos in my scan library so I will start at the beginning. . .

"Remember when. . .the sound of little feet. . .was the music. . .we danced to week to week. . ." Who knows that verse? It's from "Remember When" by Allan Jackson. . .


Here she is when she was still "the baby"! My mother is the middle child there, and according to family legend, she cut of little Kristen's cute curl with a scissor! Someone was JEALOUS! Who wouldn't be? She was sure cute. . .

I don't know how old she is here, but I do know that she resembles her daughter Katie!

This was, I believe, her confirmation. What a beautiful outfit! Did Cindy make that for her? Haha! That is my Great-Grandpa Norris. She is quite a bit taller than him!

Aww, good old Kippi. . .I vaguely remember that dog! She was one of many of my grandpa's dogs.

Here she is in the kitchen in Red Lake Falls. . .about three styles of wallpaper ago! I don't know the story behind that union suit!

I don't know where this is taken or whose dog that is but it is a cute picture! There is a picture of my parents with the same dog and it might be their dog they had before we were all born. Not sure though.

Guess who that baby is? I'll give you a hint. . .she has red hair and was born in 1983. ME! Kris and Tom were my sponsors at my baptism (along with my aunt Karen).
Here she is in a pretty recent picture with Regan or "Reggady Ann" as she has been called. . .

This photo was taken when she was 49. . .about one month ago at my cousin's wedding.
Happy 50th Kris!

No comments: