Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Mystery That Branched From Laura and Kevin's Wedding. . .

Once again, the spacing is wierd in this post. . .not my fault. Sorry! It drives me crazy!

Around 12:30 or 1:00 am on Saturday, as the afformentioned wedding dance was wrapping up, I was making plans with whoever was left standing to relocate to the hotel bar (which was not what any of us needed to be doing!) There was a navy blue suit jacket on a chair and someone told me to take it because it was the table my family had been sitting at during dinner. I carried it around with me for the rest of the evening even though I didn't think it was my dad's and I knew it wasn't my brother's. I was CONVINCED that my dad's suit that night was black and not navy. My cousin was in the bar with us after the wedding and also didn't have his coat. I was complaining about carrying the coat around and he thought it was probably his if I knew it wasn't Tim's. Problem solved! I could go back to drinking unecessary drinks and trying to conive ways to obtain food at 2 a.m. (We were hungry!) without the burden of a men's coat hanging over my arm.
The next morning my mom called and asked me if I had seen my dad's suit jacket or if I had taken it from the table when I left the dance. . .Uhhh nooo. . .I said, "Wasn't his suit black?" Uhhhh noooo. . .By this time our cuz' was already on his way back to Minneapolis. Meanwhile, at the Holiday Inn, another lost suit jacket was sitting in the coat check room. It is black. . .hopefully it is Eric's. . .now a switch is trying to be arranged. All because I can't tell the difference between blue and black. Well, actually this all happened because two men disregarded their clothing. It kind of reminds me of the time in middle school when my classmate's mom lost her volleyball jersey behind the washing machine. Our mean coach, Miss T., made the whole team run line sprints and laps and embarassed my friend in front of everyone when she did nothing wrong! She didn't do the laundry! That was alot worse because I'm not really embarassed and my mom isn't going to make me do some sort of archaic "old school" sports drill as punishment!
I have to point out that while I was writing this train wreck of a post the following was going on in front of me. . .
"Jakey" loves to play with socks. They are his favorite. He loves to thrash around with a sock in his mouth and also he enjoys placing them on people's legs. That gray blob is my leg and that white thing is an old sock.

This is that same sock being draped over my computer screen. I really appreciate when he does that. I know he means well. . .he just can't understand why we don't love socks the same way he does!

No comments: