Sunday, May 9, 2010

It's Mother's Day!

I know this blog is supposed to by about houses. . .I know that lately it has been about whatever I feel like. I actually have some house-related things to mention, but they can wait until tomorrow or maybe later tonight! After my recent scan-fest I couldn't resist a post dedicated to all the moms in our life. . .I hope you like the pictures! I noticed something while I was trying to choose photos. . .it is kind of hard to find pictures where the mom is pictured with kids or by herself! I know it is because they are usually the ones taking the photos! It is generally women that insist on photographs. I don't think Justin and I would have any photos together if I didn't make him. The only photos we would have would be pictures of our nephews and pictures of Justin and his cousin and friends hunting or ice fishing. Wait until Fathers Day. . .there are many of dads with kids!

This is Justin's mom, Mary, with he and his sister, Michelle. I'm not sure when this was taked but it seems to be in the mid 1990s. This is from our wedding slideshow folder. One day I'm going to bring my scanner to G.F. and go to town so I have a more balanced library. As of this photo, she had two children but 2006 she gained two more and all four of them are now married so it's like eight!

This is a photo of my mom with my brother and sister and myself. I think it must have been her birthday or maybe Mother's Day. Who knows what we gave her. I'm sure it was something she really needed! That photo was taken in our stark kitchen in Yemen. Scary, I know. The house was beautiful, but the kitchen was far different from the American standard!
That is my grandma, Phyllis, with my mom and aunt Kris. She is the "leader" among the featured moms here because she has the most children (5). She herself was the 3rd child of 14. Her mom died when she was in her early 20's and she and her sisters helped raise their young siblings.
That is Justin's grandma, Irene. She is his dad's mom and is very good-natured and kind. She welcomes each new family member with an open heart and soon you feel like you've known her forever. She gave birth to three children but many more than three consider her a mother.

That is my dad's mom, Dorothy, with my cousin Kara and me. It appears by the corsage she's wearing and by the background that this photo might have something to do with my aunt's bridal shower or rehearsal dinner or something. She has three children as well (popular number!)

That is my aunt Karen, my dad's sister. We are in middle of some sort of Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Eve craft project. We were making. . .frosting sugar cones. . .? Our projects have grown in sophistication over the years. The little girl next to her is her daughter. . .it is either Kirsten or Courtney. They looked very similar as children! She has three daughters.

This photo covers my aunt Kris and aunt Jenny at the same time. This is pretty old. Jenny didn't have children yet (she wasn't even close to it yet!) but now she has three, two girsl and one boy. Kris has two daughters. I am apparently seeking shade behind Kris's hairstyle.

This is my aunt, Barb. The baby is my cousin Kara, their first baby and the oldest kid in the family. It is hard to believe this photo is around 29 years old! Not suprisingly, when I was scanning photos at my grandma's house Kara was a popular feature! Almost as popular as I was at Phyllis's house! (I'm the first on my mom's side!) Barb has two more children, Laura and Greg.

This is Justin's sister Michelle. Not surprisingly, I have many pictures of her children but very few of her! This was taken in Mexico during a rare kid-free weekend. She has two sons, Dylan and Blake.

This my sister-in-law Jenny with her son Cayson. He was born in January. This picture is from a few months ago so he already looks alot different!

This my sister-in-law Kelsey moments after their son Jack was born a few weeks ago. I didn't think she would mind the post C-section photo because I lifted it from her blog!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this! Below is a photo of me with my little...uhhh...baby...he didn't get me a card. It's always all about him...

No comments: