Thursday, October 7, 2010

YMCA Thief

I have been a member of the Y since we moved to Bis two years ago.  It is my first time using a fitness center that isn't specifically for students.  I love it because I love swimming laps in addition to using cardio machines and weights.  Since I don't usually have anywhere to go when I leave there in the morning I don't pay extra for the fancy locker room with free refreshments and stall showers.  When I swim, I just pick an empty locker (they are all empty) and leave everything in there.  I have never heard of anything getting stolen from there. 

Two weeks ago I got done swimming and when I left the shower I remember setting my swimming suit on the counter after I used the little spin cycle machine that spins out the water so it won't soak your bag.  When I got home I noticed that I didn't have it.  I called and asked if they had a lost and found and where I should check when I went there the next day. 

The next morning I went through the lost and found (which was nasty, by the way, and full of mens' socks and other nasty items.  They provided latex gloves for those digging for anything!).  The suit wasn't there and it wasn't in the locker room.  I checked again the next day without luck.  So, that means that someone stole my swimming suit! (Yes, I blame myself for leaving it behind, but who would want a used swimming suit?).  I guess excersise suits like that are expensive if you buy them at a store, but I have a secret.  My mom found a website called swim outlet (swimoutlet.com) where you can order them for much cheaper.  They have a grab bag option where you specify the brand and size and style and they send you whatever they have laying around in their discontinued and overstocked supply.  It only costs $15 and they can cost as much as $70 in a sporting goods store.  I have had two from there, both acceptable black with brightly colored, sporty streaks similar to what a swim team member would wear. 

I gave up the idea that I would see my old back an bright green suit again and asked my mom if she would order me a new one with her account (she orders my dad suits regularly).  She picked the grab bag and it arrived last week.  Guess what they chose for me, at random?


Hahaha!  It's Bison colors!  I was so excited.  They are usually  mostly black with a color accent but this one is green with gold trim!  Swim Outlet, you have a customer for life!

An the subject of athletics, my mom and dad are going to run a 1/2 marathon in Fargo Saturday morning if anyone wants something to do.  It will be my dad's 2nd one and my mom's first attempt.  It looks like it will be a very nice day as opposed to raining like it was when they ran back in May.  It should be fun (for me to watch and for them to run)!

2 comments:

Kari Motis said...

when i move to Bis...we should have swim dates :)-kari

Maren said...

Oh, yessss we should! Order yourself a nice attractive workout suit and we can start water aerobics!