Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Allan's Vet Visit

I have tried several times to upload pictures to write about my cousin's birthday party and my weekend but the photo uploading on blogger is not working.  The pictures load very slow if at all.  There is a message on the website about maintenance tomorrow so hopefully they are aware of the problem.  So...I was going to write about something that didn't have accompanying pictures. 

This afternoon Justin took Allan to the vet.  He hasn't been there for a year.  He had to get some shots and get checked out!  I was really sad I wasn't there with him!  I didn't think it would be too bad because I took him last year when he was just a little kitten and he didn't even care.  He didn't make a sound when he was in his pet carrier on the way there and he didn't seem to care about being in the office around strange smells and people. 

Apparently he didn't really like being in the car this time!  Justin texted me that he was meowing really loud.  They had to wait for an hour to get in and he eventually calmed down and burrowed under the towel that was in the carrier.  Poor kitten!

He was fine for the shots and exam and didn't get scared of bite or anything.  I will try to avoid sounding like a parent after their babys' checkups (I think all parents do it, and maybe I will too...who knows?) and fixate on the details and development milestones.  (I have never heard of any baby who wasn't at least in the "90th percentile"!  I always wonder what makes the average if every kids is above average...I think 90th percentile should be the new 50th percentile.)  I have, however, been curious about his weight as recorded in a scientific manner by a doctor and not by my unscientific method of holding him while weighing myself.  He weighs 11 points and 4 ounces so that's good I guess.  He is pretty chubby but they specifically said that he's NOT obese.  YES!  Haha.  I was a bit worried!  Justin made sure to tell her that we play with him alot so he gets exercise.  He even admitted that we give him milk on a regular basis (this is supposedly bad for cats although we gave our farm cats milk and alot more and they were always fine).  She said that many cats are actually lactose intolerant but if he's not getting sick from it it is fine.  Oh, Allan, you are a lucky boy!

Justin called me when they got in the pickup to drive home and I could hear the poor guy meowing!  I felt bad.  He got a dish of milk as soon as they got home!

No comments: