Thursday, October 28, 2010

Uhhhh...what are you?

That is the question I am usually asked on Halloween because my costumes are usually odd or unable to be discerned.  I love Halloween, mostly because I love costumes.  I am kind of dissapointed in myself this year for not coming up with anything new to wear.  I am opposed to store bought constumes, the kind you buy that are in a plastic bag with a picture on the front, because they are really expensive and of poor quality.

An assortment...

This is a photo from the awesome AGR event known as Halloween Term.  Oh, this was a fun event.  Well, the part anyone could remember was a fun event.  Fortunately, there was a bus ride there and back across the country side.  The bus usually had to stop several times on the way home so people could pee in the ditch.  Hahaha.  Justin and I attended three of these events together.  The first year we were pirates (my idea).  It was sweet.  I thought so, anyway.  He doesn't like to wear a costume unless it is hunting clothes or Wrangler jeans and cowboy boots.  So...basically his regular clothes!  Haha, just kidding.  Kind of.  The next year we were this hunting couple.  That dress is actually a nightgown we got at Gander Mountain.  I can't imagine a woman really wanting to wear that for pajamas but whatev!  I love this costume because it allows you to be warm and wear warm shoes.   

Justin wasn't my first date to the Halloween Term!  !Escandalo!   Haha, it wasn't really scandalous...my sophomore year of college I went with a guy named Chris at the last minute because his other date couldn't come.  I didn't really know him but we ended up being friends.  We went to a second had store to try to find something to wear and came up with this "shotgun wedding" couple.  I think this photo is hilarious.  When that pillow became to annoying I "gave birth" on the dance floor.  So silly. 

 This is one of my least original costumes...a witch...yeah awesome...A witch in a mini skirt with fishnets...even better...I love this picture because of Roommate's Eminem portrayal in the front.  I burst out laughing every time I see it.  I believe this was also sophomore year (2 costumes in one year!  Fun!)  When I was looking through my old pictures I realized that I was constantly wearing stupid outfits for various reasons throughout college.  I could barely remember what was from Halloween and what wasn't!  I have a Rubbermaid box dedicated to costume's and costume accessories. 

 This was from last year.  I am a gold digger, if you couldn't tell...

This was from 2008.  As you can see, Andrea is wearing the hunter nightgown outfit and our cousin found a matching one!  I am a flapper.  I bought a cheap dress from the clearance rack at Old Navy and sewed that fringe on.  A local fabric store was liquidating their inventory before a move so I got the fringe and those pearls for really cheap.  I bought some fishnets and put a run in them when I was getting out of the car at our first stop of the night.  That would happen to me.  I remember having alot of fun on this night and for the rest of the weekend.  Halloween was on Friday and there was a Bison game on Saturday. 

Awww no....

This is too crazy!  I love those costumes!  If you can't tell, I am a Hershey kiss.  My mom sewed all of those costumes.  She sewed our costumes for years, which might contribute to my aversion to store bought costumes.  I wish I had a picture of my dalmation dog costume from when I was in Kindergarten.  It was a white flannel suit and she sewed on the spots!  Andrea was a pink kitten, with the suit sewn from the same pattern.  I believe the pumpkin and kiss are from the same pattern as well.  I have no idea (NO IDEA!) why in the world I am wearing bright pink slouch socks.  That's just ridiculous. 

YIKES!  Facepaint gone grotesque!

This is a family favorite.  I think it is from 1986.  I believe one of those suits was borrowed from a friend so my mom made another one so we could match.  I wonder where these are...I want to have then to cause my future children embarassment!  I love the pumpkin with it's circle eyes and square nose.  Nice work.

So...that is a sampling of costumes through the years!  I don't even know what I'm going to wear this year.  I think I will repeat something from a previous Halloween due to lack of motivation.  Or I might borrow something of Andrea's.  Wait and see!

Before I go, I have to mention that it is Roommate's 5th wedding anniversary today!  I was a bridesmaid.  I don't have many pictures because her wedding was right before Facebook added the picture feature.  I have pictures from her wedding on a cd somewhere, saved from my old computer.  I think I scanned this one.  

I can't believe that it was 5 years ago.  Now she is pregnant and due in  about 2 weeks!  I was hoping it might happen today but I don't think it's going to...Oh well!  Congrats to Ashley and Ben!

No comments: