Thursday, October 14, 2010

Potpourri

No, this post is not about real potpourri.  I don't even like potpourri.  I think it is usually unattractive and just another thing to collect dust that is hard to clean!  I am referrring to a random assortment of things, or in this sitation, topics!  I used to watch Jeopardy on TV after school sometimes (prior to 8th grade, when we got a satellite dish on the farm and I had access to MTV, VH1, and reruns of Saved by the Bell on TBS) and I thought it was funny that they called the random category "potpourri". 

First of all, I have been at home in Bis for the last few days due to continuing uncertainty and delays at my job.  Don't worry, I am being paid for my availability so it's not so bad!  I take every opportunity I can to come back here and spend time at home and with Justin and Allan. 

We gave up on most the garden and pulled the last of the potatoes and carrots (which were short and mishappen.  Apparently what I thought was adequate "thinning" wasn't nearly thin enough so they ended up gross looking just like everything else).  All that's left out there are the pepper plants which, I believe, didn't get enough sunlight and never produced peppers (they didn't even flower!) and the tomato plants.  To my delight, I went to check them and found quite a few tomatoes.  Well, quite a few by the standards of this garden anyway. 

They are sweet and delicious. 

On another topic, I got some free address labels in the mail from a charity wanting donations yesterady!  I like having them around for use on bills and other mail.  I use the computer so much I have almost forgotten how to write (haha not really!) and writing our address on the envelope to the Wells Fargo Education Financial Services Dept. is really a pain.  I had some nice ones with whimsical, child-like images of bugs and flowers back at the apartment and Justin had some of his own as well.  I have been waiting to get some free labels since we moved in and it finally happened!  I'm surprised it took so long, since I have several magazine subscriptions so out address is out there for charities to access. 

They are Christmas themed, which is kind of annoying because a normal person wouldn't want to use them after Christmas.  I'm not a normal person though, so I will probably use them until they are gone! 

The gift tags are a nice bonus!

No comments: