Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm Tired!

I guess I should say I was tired yesterday from a weekend of tailgating but yesterday I was too tired to write this so I am doing it now...

I love tailgating.  I find it to be relaxing and exciting at the same time and it is surrounded by a fun atmosphere.  There are always alot of people to talk to and delicious food to eat and refreshing beverages to drink...beverages that cool you off if it's hot out and warm you up if it's cold!  (Apple Pie, anyone??)

Justin makes this nasty tailgating delicacy that he calls a "heart attack".  It is a hot dog wrapped in bacon.  The bacon encloses ground beef and pepper jack cheese.  Ohhhh my.  I admit I've never tried one.  I've never been someone who enjoys combinations of meat (like coron bleu.  Gross).  I was going to try to get a picture of this nightmare/fantasy (depending on the individual) but they were wrapped up in foil and when they were done I wasn't around our grill.  I did, however, get a picture of this similar mix of meat...


That is a "bacon explosion".  It was prepared by our friend Chris.  He found the recipe on the internet.  It is a bunch of meat wrapped in artistically woven bacon strips.  It was very dense to hold and fascinating to view.  Although I was disgusted by it in general, I thought the bacon weaving was impressive.  While it was cooking it actually exploded!  The bacon broke apart! 

It was pretty cold when tailgating started.  The game was at three, so we were able to start at 10:00 am.  Justin and I were among the first people to arrive! 

This sweet propane heat lamp is a new and welcome addition to our tailgating area!  You can see in the picture that everyone is wearing gloves and layers of clothes.  The day got pretty nice around lunch time and the extra clothes were no longer necessary.

It was a fun tailgating day because I had alot of relatives there!  My aunt and uncle have a tailgating bus with a big group of their friends (FBC!)  There was an article in a Bison magazine and I tried to find a link but the magazine doesn't have archives online.  My cousins, who are UND alumni, joined the fun this weekend.  They were good sports!  My cousins Katie and Brenna were also there as usual so we all had a good time. 

Here is a picture of everyone, except me and my aunt, at the bus having some sort of nasty shot.  I had one as well...it was so bad it was good!   

When it was game time a group of us went to the bar to eat and watch the game.  The Bison were losing but then they started winning!  Around half time Andrea, Kara and I decided to go to the gas station where we ran into a (much) younger friend who invited us to go hang out at AGR!  So we did even though we are way to old and all of the members were at the game.  We had fun anyway, joking around and drinking our six pack and looking at old composite photos of Justin and Kirk. 

After that unexpected detour we met up with the game watchers at the Turf and the night continued on...fun times. 

Oh, those old familiar booths!

 
Katie/Kathy and Adam!

See you in a few weeks tailgating!

No comments: