Monday, October 4, 2010

Homecoming Part 1

The weekend of homecoming was alot of fun, just as I knew it would be.  On Friday afternoon, there was a special event.  As you may or may not know, Justin was a member of Alpha Gamma Rho, a national fraternity that traditionally emphasized agricultural interests.  It can be found at most land grant universities.  Justin's father, Dennis, was an AGR as well.  He died in 1991. The chapter at NDSU has just completed a big renovation of the chapter house and during the fundraising campaign Justin and his mom, other family members and Dennis's fraternity brothers donated to the project and now Dennis has a room in his name at the new house. 

On Friday afternoon, the new house was formally revealed at a ribbon cutting ceremony.  It was a perfect fall day that emphasized the spirit of homecoming.  It was cool but lovely outside, with leaves falling and the sun shining.  And the house looks so great!  I feel an attachment to AGR myself because my house was right across the street.  The members of our houses and the other greek houses lived our day to day lives together and while we were walking to classes, doing afternoon studying or night time socializing I became friends with alot of great people that remain my friends.  Roommate and I even lived in AGR for one summer to avoid dealing with leasing and paying bills for an apartment. 

Here is the text of the tribute to Dennis that was printed in the ribbon cutting program:   

 


This is Justin with Mary and Michelle outside the room in the new house.  It is on the third floor and outside the windows you see trees and campus.  It's very nice. 

One of the active members brought two gigantic pumpkins for the ribbon cutting and I couldn't resist posing!  I love pumpkins!  Also, I love how you can see my old home KD in the background!

Check back to hear about the rest of the weekend!

1 comment:

fashion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.