Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ooooh YEAHHHH. . .

Yesterday afternoon, around 5 pm, the doorbell rang. An unexpected doorbell is pretty rare, and if it happens is usually a politician or one of the nieghbors. I ran to the front door and no one was there. Then I ran to the side door, only to find Justin, unable to open the door because his arms were full of antlers and taxidermy types of things that have been hanging in his office because I don't like to look at them. Oooooh yikes. In my delight, I had forgotten that the basement is "his" and the new room will be decorated with these items.

Oh well, whatever. . .he's excited and trying to plan everything so it will be just right. He wanted camoflage pillows and whatnot so right after he got home we went fabric shopping and bought fabric and forms for pillows and also fabric for some curtains. These items are easy to make, so I did it last night. FYI, you just cut a square (or rectangle or whatever shape you have) one inch bigger than the pillows. These were 18x18 so the square was 19x19. The you cut two rectangles for the back. They should be as wide as the front square and half of it's height plus a few inches. So I cut them each 12 inches. Then you sew it front sides together, flip it inside out, and shove the pillow in! (Of course, you have to make a hem for the back rectangles so they won't fray).

There was extra fabric, so I am going to make one more.


Here are the curtains for our little non-conforming window. I am also making these for Justin's office to replace the faded ones that were left here and are probably 30 years old.

On another topic, the impossible has happened. I am tired of eating grilled hamburgers. I love grilled hamburgers and there are so many options for making them unique! Yesterday was really hot, too hot to cook with the oven, so I searched the internet for help and discovered the concept of grilled pizzas. . .you make mini pizzas using pita bread! Add the sauce, cheese and whatever else you want and grill it for about 5 minutes and it's done! I made pizzas with canadian bacon and pineapple for Justin and for my own I added green peppers. Delicious! I took a picture. . .I usually wouldn't post pictures of food because I think they look discusting. I have read the consumer reports about how professional photoraphers paint, shellack and do all sorts of wierd things with food so it looks beautiful in advertisements and I believe it is a necessary sales tactic.

Yeah. . .not the prettiest picture but you get the idea. . .

No comments: