Friday, August 20, 2010

Neighborhood Fun

Our neighbors house is for sale. After a few months of “for sale by owner” they got a realtor. (It doesn’t help that our street is closed to through traffic!). During this week, there have been people looking at their house. I have been peeping at these people through the windows, pretending I need to do things outside when they are seeing the house and generally stalking them. On Wednesday morning I even decided I needed to wash my car in the driveway so I could listen in on what they were saying when they were looking around outside. Yeah, I know it’s creepy.

Good news. . .they got an offer from a couple who I thought seemed normal! (There had been another young couple who looked at the house and they looked kind of trashy. They guy was smoking in the front yard and the woman was wearing a huge ripped up sweatshirt and mens sized grey sweatpants. Who shops for houses looking like that?) So that is good for me and good for them that they can finally move on. They have three little kids under the age of 4 and have outgrown their house.

Also, this afternoon I was driving down the street and saw a rummage sale a block away. When I got home I walked over there and ran into the girl who lives across the street (she seems to be around 11 or 12) and she was carrying a kitten! Some other people were following her with a little cat carrier. I had never talked to her before today but I told her I had a cat too and she said “The orange one? I see him in the window all the time!” Awww. . .I can imagine her patiently waiting until she could get a cat of her own. The other woman with her was her cousin and had brought the kitten from her farm. The kitten is white with gray cow spots and she named him Patches. Now Allan and Patches can be window buddies! She was a nice girl. I can see a future potential babysitter!

No comments: