Sunday, August 29, 2010

Andrea and Kirk's Patio

This blog is supposed to be focused on homeowner related issues and projects so I will return to my original mission today to give you a look at Andrea and Kirk's new patio in their backyard! Andrea just put up a bunch of pictures of it on Facebook so I stole them to share with you!

When they bought the house it had a "pool pad" for an above ground swimming pool. It was a circular sand pit with pavers around the outside. Since they didn't want an above ground pool they used it as a fire pit instead. Recently they decided to turn it into a patio. I had no idea how much was entailed in building a patio! I wasn't there the weekend they did this, but I remember the weekend and it was really hot! A friend of theirs who is experienced in cement work helped out.
I don't know where they got this little tractor!
I also didn't know they had cement delivered! I assumed they could mix it, but I don't know anything about cement so I guess I'm not really surprised!
Here is the layout of the new patio before the cement was added. I love how it meets the steps because that area of grass was all worn out anyway.

There it is after the stones were added. It looks good! I wish I had a finished photo. They built a little brick fire pit that they placed in the middle and now it is perfect for a gathering! I saw it for myself last weekend and it was nice. It WOULD be nice if someone I knew had a pool, preferably above-ground, but I guess I can live without it! Haha.
This weekend in Bis we went to a pretty cool wedding. My two friends from law school got married to each other and they had their wedding on a riverboat on the Missourri River. It was a really nice day and a fun! It was way hot on Friday, near 100 degrees, and today it is hot and humid but yesteray it was actually pleasant! Lucky day for a wedding!

No comments: