Friday, August 6, 2010

If anyone needs stamps. . .

I went to the post office earlier this week to mail some application materials for a job. The same people have been working there since we moved here, and I always end up at the same guy’s counter. I know he recognizes me and I wish he would stop commenting about how I’m applying for a job when he sees the Human Resources address on things that I mail. Yes, I’m still working on it, OK? I know he’s trying to be nice but unemployed people are sensitive about these things. Something pleasant did happen, however, during this visit. Like any post office, the stamps are displayed at the counters and that’s where I saw these:

CUTE! The Postal Service is promoting the adoption of shelter animals and each animal on the stamps came from a shelter. They also are selling greeting cards with animals that have been adopted from shelters. The cards have the stories of the animals on the back. I was especially drawn to the little orange kitten that looks like my own shelter animal! Of course, I noticed the golden retriever as well! They are almost too cute to send. The only things I mail besides the occasional card are my car payment and my student loan payment and the Wells Fargo Education Financial Service can have a generic flag stamp!

No comments: