Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My NFL Boyfriend

My NFL Boyfriend is….Chris Long, who plays for the St. Louis Rams! I became intrigued when I was randomly watching the NFL draft in 2008. He was the 2nd overall draft pick and I thought…”hmmm, he’s attractive.” So I took interest whenever I saw the Rams on TV. You know, I don’t even know much about his stats. Like I know anything about any athlete’s stats! I’m not my brother! He’d be the one to ask about these things!

There he is at the draft, the first time I knew who he was! I was taken by the cute shaggy hair and gigantic manly neck along with the humble smile. He's like "Me? They wanted me?" Hahaha.

One evening when I happened to see the Rams on TV, I googled Chris Long and came across articles that talked about how he worked really hard to be taken seriously on his own and not just as Howie Long’s son. One said that he played four sports in high school and would spend Friday nights after games lifting weights. A pretty good Sports Illustrated called “The Education of Chris Long” covered his life in high school and college. They interviewed his future roommate who said that when he found out he would be living with him he assumed he would be a d-bag with a sense of entitlement. They roommate was a soon to be teammate and didn’t even respond to Chris’s email he sent to introduce himself because he didn’t think he’s like him. He changed his mind when they met and played together and he saw that Chris worked really hard and took football very seriously and are good friends. AWww, cute. Kind of like me and my favorite Roommate, except we weren’t D-1 defensive tackles and both of us came from farm families in class B towns and neither of our dad’s our on TV. And we already knew each other when be became roommates. Haha.

Also in my research, I learned about the unfortunate younger brother of Chris, who was just as huge of a stud in high school. While Chris is 6’3, this guy is 6’7 and weighs 280 pounds. He was also recruited by many universities for football but decided to play baseball in Florida instead. He said football wasn’t his thing (how can anyone that big not have football as one of their “things”?!) When he was a freshman he got a dui (ugh). He was moving his vehicle out of a tow away zone and wasn’t planning on going anywhere. Also, his blood alcohol level was .1 which is such a close call! Who hasn’t wondered about that before? But, on the other had, if he’s 6’7 and 280 pounds, he probably had to drink about 20 beers and 8 shots of hard alcohol to get that way so who knows! That does suck though. I remember a few times in college when I had consumed a few drinks and then remembered my car was on the wrong street or avenue for snow removal and quickly moved it a block. Anyway, then he got bad grades and had to go home and go to community college. Yikes. I hope he can salvage his talents.

Anyway, this all cemented my interest in Chris Long, even though I don’t really care about the Rams. I care more about the Vikings! And the Rams have been pretty bad lately. Come on guys! Chris can’t do it alone! Haha.

I love this picture because it really shows off the huge lineman neck. How many hang cleans with overhead push presses did it take to form that thing?


Here he is in some photo shoot for GQ magazine. Why didn't I know about this magazine sooner?

Justin, of course you know none of this is serious. Justin has been listening to my occasional Chris Long statements of love for a few years now, since I saw the draft, and is used to it. I would understand if he wanted to come on here as a guest and dedicate a post to Carrie Underwood or some hot model from the Victoria’s Secret magazine. OK, guys, I should be fair to you all after what you just had to endure...


There! Are you happy?

No comments: