Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yikes!

I was just reading my previous post and caught a few typos...embarassing!

We might start moving tomorrow! It has been pretty hot for September, so we turned on the air conditioner this afternoon, even though we knew what the consequences would be...more dust flying everywhere and another round of cleaning...I really just want this house to be normal and not smelling of chemical fumes or obscured in a cloud of dust!

I drove by a high school football field today after school hours were over and saw the football team practicing. It was 90 degrees outside. The sight of the players and the heat, combined with the smell of the varnish in the house, brought back memories of the first hot, sweaty weeks of sports practice in the fall when I was in high school.

"I go back to the smell of an old gym floor..." This phrase is from a nostalgic song by Kenny Chesney called "I Go Back". My house smells like an old gym floor right now and it reminds me of basketball practice in the fall in our non-air-conditioned class B school. We would sweat so much our practice clothes, hair, even the tacky fabric hair scrunchies we wore, were soaked. Everyone used to drink my water because I always brought a frozen bottle that would sweat all over the stage as it melted. I don't even want to imagine what it was like to be practicing football out in the sun, wearing all those pads and the helmet! It might be fun to go through one more practice, just to see if I could still handle it! No...wait...it wouldn't be fun at all! NO THANKS!

No comments: