Sunday, September 13, 2009

This wasn't as easy as we thought...

We have had a long weekend working on the floor. We finished sanding this afternoon (finally) and have applied the first coat of stain. It has a been a tedious day. Justin operated the sander while I tried to keep the dust sitution under control. I have always hated dusting as a chore, and I spent most of the day doing it! It got everywhere and we ended up putting towels under the doors so we could actually make progress.




The good news is that the floor looks great so far! Although it is getting old fast, I think all the work we are doing will be worth it in the end.
This is a shot of the sanded floor in the living room in its raw condition.


The first coat of stain! It has a nice glow, I think!
The weekend was made more fun by the fact that my sister, Andrea, and cousin, Katie, came to visit from Fargo! They also brought Andrea's dog, Jake, who got right down to business barking and annoying the neigbors (they'll get over it though!). Once they arrived, my usefullness diminished quickly as we popped open a bottle of wine and excused ourselves to the deck in the back yard. Tomorrow my mom is coming and we are going to paint the kitchen.
Well, I have to go because...guess what? We are going back to the house to apply the second coat of stain at midnight! Yeah! I don't want to sleep! Sleep is boring!

No comments: