Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Anyone feel like treating me to a manicure?

Hola...I don't have any exciting news dealing with the house. All I've done for the two days of this week and the last few days of last week before the long weekend is scrape glue residue off the floors of the bedrooms. I mentioned the residue in an earlier post. We were hopeful that sanding would remove it, but we experimented and discovered that it would require massive quantites of sand paper...so...I've been scraping it off.

It is an inch by inch process, and holding the scraping knife kills my hand! For some reason, it makes my little finger numb...I think the way I hold it makes it press on a nerve or something. The good part about this project is that I have been able to listen to alot of my old cd's! I listen and reminisce about lounging around in my room at KD with my roommate...ahh...Roommate...(that would be Johnny Cash and Pat Green cds that we were listening to)... sitting in the bathroom at KD spending an hour straightening my hair on Friday afternoon while my straight haired friends curled theirs... laying on a blanket on the lawn and hearing music through the windows when the weather got nice in the spring, waiting for the guys to stop and talk (they always did!)... riding the bus with my high school basketball team, singing while we made ourselves matching "lucky" hair ties for our games...I could go on and on! I suppose I should get a new cd or download some songs so I can have music that will remind me of my first weeks with this house!

No comments: