Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Walls

I can't help but have the song "Walls" by Tom Petty in my head as I write this..."You got a heart so big...it could crush this town...I can't hold out forever...even walls fall down..." Fortunately my walls aren't falling down.
We spent alot of time painting this weekend and here are some pictures of our improved (in my opinion anyway...) walls!

This bedroom is painted a bright, springy green called "Sublime Lime". I had the worst time deciding on colors and eventually just picked one from many samples. First I liked it, then I wasn't sure. Now that it is done, I really like it! It is kind of over the top, but I have lived in apartments for so long and I am tired of white.
This blue is called "Tide Pool". In real life it looks like a light aqua color. I love it! I love blue. If I were the only one living in this house, I would paint the whole place to look like a swimming pool.
This is the living room. It is hard to see the exact color in the picture, but it is a light gray. It is called "Stormy Weather". This room was almost going to be a shade of blue as well, but we decided on gray instead because of its versatility!
On TV shows about decorating, painting seems so easy and a simple way to change a room. It is not extremely difficult, but there are so many details! Mary, Justin's mom, spent hours touching up the ceilings. Painting around the trim took forever in these rooms. To make it more complicated, the previous painters didn't take care, and there is paint on most of the woodwork. Several colors in fact! I tell myself I will scrape it off with turpentine, but we'll see if that actually happens! Yesterday and today I painted the coat closet and the linen closet, including shelves. I really don't feel like painting again for a very long time and the kitchen is still in its original white state! We'll see what happens in there...

To change the subject, I harvested my first tomato today! The plants are very happy to be in a yard (they told me so!) with sunlight instead of the north facing apartment balcony where they only got a short amount of sunlight in the early morning hours. I think I will eat it in an omelet tomorrow morning...

No comments: