Wednesday, September 16, 2009

House of Fumes

On Monday and Tuesday, my mom came to visit and we painted the kitchen. It is two shades of yellow! I'm so excited. I love yellow, but it's not the most flattering color for me to wear so I have to incorporate it in other ways (although I do wear it occasionally...like when I am wearing Bison apparel...)
This is the darker of the two yellow shades...I think it was called Butternut or some other whimsical thing...there are some silly ones out there! The lighter color on the walls is called Sawdust, which is almost nauseating considering that the whole house is already full of sawdust, but I was able to get past it.

Mother did the detailed work.

Here it is, all finished! When the painting was done, we cleaned up all the sawdust that had accumulated everywhere! It was in side the cupboards and covering the floor. This means that in addition to the four coats of oil based floor stain, the house is also fulled with paint fumes, and the fumes of Pinesol, Endust, and Windex. It was a relief to get out of there yesterday afternoon!

No comments: