Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Proud Moments

I was so excited this morning...I was in the bathroom getting ready to go to the Y and Ben was playing in his room (the doorways are about one step from each other and are situated at a right angle so I was really close by).  I looked in on him and found him paging through a book without any guidance from me!  It is so rewarding to know that the months of book exposure is paying off and he is interested in them.  Even though the book was upside down...haha...I just said he was interested...I never said he was advanced!  I should add that he has shown interest in books for awhile but not in a civilized way.  He has only wanted to rip them and chew them so far. 


That white pipe thing is part of the mobile that he took apart one morning in the crib.  He has lost his mobile privileges.  

Another fun thing Ben has done is walk with while holding a push toy.  Its funny.  He lunges forward and looks like I looked that time I mowed the hill in our back yard before I knew the mower was self propelled.  I don't know if you can see these videos or not.  It seems like it never works and I had to download a Flash update so if you can't see them no big deal.   The first one is funny because Allan gets in on the action and the second one is funny because he comes up to me and babbles at the camera at the end.  The really show the chaos of our house, including a huge stuffed dog that has taken up residence in our living room.

 

 
A few other fun photos!

Allan wearing Mardi Gras beads left over from Frisco.  Isn't he elegant.  

A photographer for the Bison Illustrated magazine caught this photo of Justin and Benjamin at one of the playoff games and let him have the file although he usually charges for his work.  Thanks J.Alan Paul Photography!  Justin ordered a few copies from him in appreciation. 

No comments: