Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Big News...

I just finished putting away the Christmas decorations!  Ugh what a relief.  That mess of a tree has been taunting me since we returned home on New Year's Day.  I don't think it needs to be rushed the way some people do and it is nice to observe the "12 Day of Christmas" which starts on the 25th and continues until Epiphany on January 6th.  People lose track of the fact that Christmas is part of the liturgical calender and the story of Christmas continues after Christmas day.  I always get kind of depressed when I see a tree laying out on the curb on the 26th even though I know real trees can get really dry and brittle and need to be removed before they turn to sawdust! 

Well, tbe 12 days cannot be my excuse anymore because it is the 8th.  And I have been tired of looking at these decorations for a week.  And I am MOST tired of Benjamin tampering with them and making a mess and trying to play with them. 

I will put some Frisco pictures up tomorrow.  For some reason Blogger is acting up and when I try to browse for photos the boxes and links don't show up.  Annoying. 

No comments: