Monday, November 28, 2011

Pinterest success!

Awhile ago I expressed my desire to make this cute baby hat that I found a link to on Pinterest...


Well, I made it!  I got an old shirt from a thrift store, (washed it in steaming hot water of course!) and assembled the hat last night.  It was hard for me to get a good photo of it without a baby to model it but I tried my best! 


I am very pleased with myself over this...my sewing looks excellent and there is not a pucker or bulky seam to be found!  Also, things with linings always intimidate me so this small lined project was good for my confidence.   The final step was making a button hole, which I haven't done in years and I have never done on my current machine.  Aaahhh...fun project.   I plan on making a matching blanket one of these nights. 

No comments: