Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fat Cat On the Way to the Vet!

Allan's vet appointment on Tuesday was fine.  He got a shot and didn't get sick later and he was a good boy at the office.  The night before, I told Justin to get out his pet carrier so he could go get familiar with it again.  He snuggled right in!  Justin texted me this photo that night and I think it is so cute!  


That blanket is his "baby blanket" that the Humane Society sent home with him two years ago.  It is getting kind of raggy from repeated washings just like a human baby's blanket!  I just looked back at the calender and his two year "anniversary" of his adoption was October 15.  That two years really flew by.  Justin set that carrier down in the kitchen that evening and I opened the door and a skinny orange kitten/almost grown cat climbed right into my arms and was purring like crazy and also shaking with the fear of being in a new place!  I loved him right away...

In pregnancy news, nothing is really going on...I keep meaning to scan and post some ultrasound photos (just a few...I know that most people don't really care and think they all look the same!) but I haven't had a chance to scan them yet.  Apparently our hospital is one of the few stuck in the "old days" and we didn't get any digital copies of them.  Oh, and I have been awakened by painful leg cramps lately.  It doesn't happen every night but when it happens it is hurts!  I have experienced leg and foot cramps occasionally since my teenage years but these are different...I had one last night in my right calf and it was concetrated at the top of the muscle behind the knee and was almost pulsating!  Instead of relief after a few seconds this one kept cramping repeatedly every time I moved.  It still feel stiff.  I guess I will just have to live with it...I am already doing the things that are supposed to prevent this sort of thing...taking vitamins (so many vitamins!) eating fruit (so much fruit!) and drinking water and not much else besides my self imposed daily milk penance (I don't like milk).  Hopefully I sleep better tonight!



4 comments:

Dana said...

This may sound weird, but I would sleep with a pillow between my legs (my knees) to help with the leg cramps and the back pain. It is super annoying to have to roll over to switch sides at night with a pregnant belly...let alone a pillow to adjust too, but it did really help.

Anonymous said...

My mother in law told me to get out of bed and stand up on my crampy legs to make the pain go away. After she told me that I didn't get anymore but I figure she knows what she's talking about since she was pregnant 5 times!

I second Dagman on the pillow! I used a body pillow which got cumbersome but did help with my back stiffness.

Roommate

Anonymous said...

RM I forgot to say don't point your toes (ballerina style) to stretch your legs - that causes leg cramps on pregnant women. Obviously that won't stop the sleep ones but it's good to know.

Maren said...

You seasoned Preggos are good to have as my advisors! RM...the pointed toe strech has always been a cramp trigger for me...it even happens when I am putting boots on sometimes!