Monday, February 28, 2011

Miscellaneous Scenes

Here are a few pictures of what went on around here this weekend.  I was home with Allan because Justin went on his annual Lake of the Woods trip with his friends.  

Yes, that is a decorative cat dangling in front of the kitchen window.  My aunt Kris gave it to me for Christmas so I decided to hang it up!  Since I haven't been home much it was still wrapped in tissue paper.   It wasn't a very challenging job to hang it...the previous owners left many little hooks screwed into the overhang above the sink.  

At one point I haphazardly threw this quilt over the pillows on the loveseat and Allan decided it was his new favorite place to perch. 


That cat loves quilts. 

Speaking of...the memory shirt quilt I made for the Christmas surpirse with Justin's mom has been stashed away for that very reason...if it is out Allan will be using it as a bed.  I thought this was a  shame so for a Valentine's present I ordered Justin this quilt rack! 

It was surprisingly hard to find one.  I couldn't find one in any store and found several online.  This one came from Target, of all places!  It is pretty nice, actually, and quite large! 

We have a quilt rack upstairs already but it is heavily laden with blankets.  I got it for a Christmas gift years ago, I think when I was in 5th or 6th grade, from my grandmother.  My sister got one also and I remember thinking it was probably one of the more boring gifts one could recieve.  Of course I appreciate it now!  Haha.   It has moved with me many times. 

 Very nice!

No comments: