Monday, May 4, 2015

She's Heeeeeere!

 
 
 
 
I'm feeling a bit of a let down this afternoon.  Why, you ask?  Because after several weeks of waiting around watching for CNN updates on my phone the royal baby has arrived and all the major questions have been answered.  First, she was born quite a few days overdue.  Apparently the bookies really made a lot of money on the birthday.  And we know she is a girl now, a princess (eeeeek!). We know what Kate wore to leave the hospital and this morning we found out the name!  Now what am I supposed to obsess over?  The world won't see another picture for quite awhile unfortunately (for us, fortunately for the baby and family, I understand that). 

Now, everyone has something to say about the small glimpse we have seen into the birth of this baby.  I think we can all agree on a few things....



AWWWWWWW!  This baby, who we now know is named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, is just too perfect.  And this little hat and snuggly white blanket are even more perfect.  It makes me excited to hold a newborn again.  I read some really outlandish theory from the Russian news or tabloids or something that some people think the baby looks older than the approximately 10 hours old that she was at the time of her public presentation but I don't think so.  Here are my own babies during their first day of life and I think they look pretty similar! 

 

 
 
The story continued to theorize that Kate used a surrogate and there is NO WAY that a person who had a baby a few hours before could look that slim and beautiful.  Which I think most people agree is a ridiculous theory, although really...






 

What the WHAAAAT?  How does she look that pretty?  I have already viewed several articles and blog posts from many humorous moms out there that are being shared all over social media who have already covered what we all are thinking...which is universally a comparison to how we all looked a few hours after giving birth and in those early photos at the hospital.  It's already been said so I won't go too in depth but I think we are all in awe of that shining, bouncy hair, perfect makeup, church appropriate dress that cost $2,000, and...
 
 
of course some nude high heels to finish the look.   A dress that is white on the lower half...she is brave.  These photos will be around forever, though, and they are exactly what all of us baby watchers waited to see so I admit I love them!  
 
And finally, the name...I like the name Charlotte and I am kind of surprised they picked it since it has been at the top of the bookies' list all along.  I read that the top choices were Charlotte and Alice and if either of those two were chosen the bookies would be losing big time.  I guess it balances out the win from the overdue birthday.  As far as the middle names, my middle name is Elizabeth so I certainly approve and Diana was an obvious choice too.  I know they deserve privacy but I reaaaaaallly wish we could see more pictures and know just a few more details!  Oh well.  Apparently there is a contingent of busy bodies out there who don't approve of the family leaving the hospital only hours after the birth.  They think other women will try to do the same which is dangerous.  Are they serious!?  No regular woman (unless she does home births) would want to go home from the hospital after a few hours!  Especially one with a toddler in the house!  The hospital is like a vacation!  Of course she went home, to her royal palace, because she has royal doctors and nurses at her disposal and a nanny and a cook and every luxury.  And why would the hospital stop her? The resources of England are being used to guard and barricade that place.  People should be happy they are leaving early and paying for one less day of  the police guarding a hospital instead of fighting crime and keeping creepy photographers and reporters from infiltrating the place.  This sure doesn't make me think I should leave the hospital the same day as I deliver.  Or maybe I should and before I go I should get to have a professional hair stylist and makeup artist get me ready to go! 
 
OK, now back to my regular life...
 
 
 

No comments: