Monday, October 8, 2012

Homecoming 2012

I am referring to NDSU Homecoming, one of my favorite events.  It was fun in college, but I have enjoyed it even more in the years since I graduated.  During college, it was a week of float building, fraternity formal date getting, and general nonsense.  After graduation, it was just a weekend but a weekend free of the responsibilities of an undergrad sorority member such as making sure the house was clean for visiting alumnae and serving at our brunch before the parade that passes in front of the house.  There were some wild years in there between 2005 and...well...before I got pregnant. 

Oh jeez, it is not the same with a baby...instead of arriving at our favorite bar at 8:00 a.m. I was frantically trying to prepare a days worth of bottles and estimate how much milk Ben would need for a whole day out and imposing my car seat base in my friends' car because Justin took my car tailgating at 7 a.m. while every waited impatiently for me to be ready.  I wasn't able to make it to KD for the first time since I graduated and I am missing from my friends' pictures there that morning.  I truly loathe the fact that I am the last one ready for everything now and people are always waiting for me because I used to always be the first one to be ready.  Itis so tempting to just switch to formula and relax on days like these!

Even with my new responsibility I still had fun.  The game, which was supposed to be an intense competition that could have gone either way ended up being a huge blowout in our favor.  My parents and my aunt and uncle took care of Ben so we could go out after the game so that was nice.  He was out of sorts from not being able to move aroud and crawl all day and excessively tired by the end of the game. 

 
This is the picture my mom sent me after we parted ways!  Nap time! 
 
And that's about it...I was too big of a mess all day to take any pictures and I forgot my camera anyway just like I forgot or misplaced pretty much everything else over the weekend!  At least I remembered to pay my bar tab which I have failed to do several times over the years! 

 

No comments: