Friday, June 15, 2012

T-Shirt Tiiiiiime!


No, not the t-shirt time from the tv show "Jersey Shore"...the quilt kind!  I have been meaning to feature this t-shirt quilt I finished right before Ben was born but I have been to busy posting many, many photos of him to post pictures of a quilt.  How can it compare to my precious baby?  Haha...JK...

This is probably the 6th or 7th one of these I have made.  This one was for a friend from college and it not coincidentally contains many of the same shirts that are included in my t-shirt quilts.  It was like a stroll down memory lane to put this thing together!  


I knew I had to get this thing done before Ben was born (it is hard to remember those days when I didn't even know his name yet or what he looked like or when he was coming!).  I was a crazy sewing lady for a few days, certain that labor was imminent.  Well, as you all know, I was wrong.  It never became imminent.  Fortunately, I got it done weeks before I got induced. 

This one is different and better than all the others I have made because I quilted it with my sewing machine instead of tying it.  I also used the "good" binding technique which is much nicer and more professional looking than the old way I did it.  All around, it seems more durable than a tied quilt.  It was also the largest I have made.  It is 6 blocks long and 5 wide.  Previously, my largest had been 5 x 5. 

I am glad to report that my friend is happy with my work so that is good.  I always fear that when I make a quilt for someone they will wash it and seams will fall apart and they will be afraid to tell me so I can fix it!  I don't know why I think that because things I have made for myself don't fall apart. 

This post has made me nostalgic for sewing and quilting.  Ben has really cramped my style in that area! 

No comments: