Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pictures

Yesterday I sent our grandmas each a note and some baby pictures.  Remember those days when, if you didn't live near people, especially little kids, you would have no idea what they looked like or how they were changing and growing unless someone took photos with film, got double prints and sent them in the mail?  I remember getting pictures of my young cousins who I only saw a few times a year back in the 1990s and they looked so different as the months passed. 

Now, most people are on the Internet all the time and use Facebook and take pictures and send them with their phones.  So everyone can see baby pictures and vacation pictures and pictures from fun events.   I have to say that I don't want to go back to the old way.   I remember going on trips or to camp when I was a kid and bringing one roll of film or one disposable camera and making sure not to waste my precious 25 or 36 pictures on something dumb (although those camp pictures were usually pretty dumb!).  In college everyone would order double prints and competition for doubles was fierce.  When you would pick up an envelope of developed film you never knew what you were getting and often red eye, bad lighting and blurring would made the batch a dissapointment.  Yes, those days can stay gone.  I will keep the instant gratification of digital. 

Anyway, I didn't know what else to post about so I just uploaded a bunch of pictures from my phone from the last few weeks to illustrate what I was talking about in the previous paragraphs. 




Creepy Creeperton!

Hehe...Ben is wearing my "I Voted" sticker!  Haha...a baby voted!  How clever! 

Oooh!  Shorts!

I jazzed this one up with Instagram.  I just got the app so I will have to experiment more with it later.  I love pictures so I don't know why I waited so long to try it. 





Yes, I still take pictures of him from time to time!


No comments: