Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Norway Memories

I was thinking about the date this morning and realized it is the 6th anniversary of the day I left for Norway to study abroad back in 2006.  I think I have posted about this in previous years so I am not going to do a full photo montage.  I just looked back at my photos and cannot believe how long it has been since I was that fresh faced, beer swilling, carefree 23 year old whose jeans were always loose.  Ahh, those were the days. 

Here I am with the most famous statue at Vigeland Park.  Then, I thought it was a funny statue.  Now, I think, "That is what my kid looks like about 50% of the time!"

Aaahhh...beautiful Western Norway.  It is hard to believe my ancestors, who I have discovered came from places all over the country, watched views like this as they sailed away to America. 

I WILL go back there someday.  Who knows when, but I will.  And I will still remember how to get to my favorite places in Oslo and be able to act as a tour guide to whoever is lucky enough to join me!  I could do so now if someone would buy me the ticket!  Anyone?  ANYONE?

No comments: