Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Weekend

We had a pretty boring long weekend.  The weather was crappy and colder than it was in March around here and rainy most of the time.  Justin's birthday was on Saturday so now he is the same age as me again...what a relief!  Him being a year younger than me makes me uncomfortable! 

To celebrate, we watched a commemorative DVD of the NDSU football season in our basement.  I recall Justin's 21st birthday back in 2004.  We pre-drank with our housemates (this was the summer I lived at AGR.  He didn't really live there because his job wasn't located in Fargo) until midnight.  These were the old, carefree power hour days before people started freaking out about 21 year olds drinking too much on thier birthdays.  You know, you have to coddle grown adults as long as possible, right?  But my opinion on drinking age is a whole other topic...before we headed out at midnight I remember drinking a bottle of orange flavored Boone's Farm wine.  Haha trashy...and I was already 21!  That makes it even worse!

This was our party this year...


Ben loved that movie...

Flattering angle, right?!

Oh, what else...I put Ben in his Bumbo chair for the first time.  I researched these a bit and apparently some experts think they are detrimental because of the posture they put the baby in.  Ugh, whatever...it's always something.  It's not like he sits in it for longer than a few minutes at a time.  For now it is an instant fuss stopper because it is something new. 

 So fun!

I like this one because he has his elbow up on the arm rest like a grown up!  Haha...

On Monday Nana and Grandpa came to visit.  They left this morning.  Since they were here and played with Ben all day I was able to do my own thing and managed to cut pieces for a quilt I have been wanting to start for about a month.  It was fun.  Now I have to find the opportunity to sew it together which might prove to be impossible.  We shall see!

Also this weekend...we now have garden #2 planted in our old plot in our shady backyard.   

 Another year, another attempt...

The peonies are blooming.  I love this time of year.  The blooms are so large!  It is tempting to cut some for a vase in the house but the ant situation is just too gross for me.  I wonder why ants like them so much?!



No comments: