Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Palm Sunday...

I cannot handle another minute of crappy weather.  Seriously, if I have to look at the ND DOT Travel Information Map again I am going to have a total meltdown.  STOP F-ING SNOWING ALREADY!  EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND this whole winter I have feared for my life as I drove wherever I had to go.  I have drove in freezing rain, gusting winds and near zero visibility.  I have drove through dark nights wondering if a snowdrift was going to show up right in front of me and send my car careening into the ditch.  I have had travel plans and holiday plans foiled by crappy weather and snowstorms.  Even in town I have taken every turn with a lurching stomach after my car accident a few months ago which sent me sliding into another driver and a snowbank.  It is APRIL 17 and I drove through snow on an interstate covered with some sort of slush/ice mix on Friday and it is now Sunday and it is snowing again!  So, once again, I can head out on the interstate and enjoy the pleasure of having semis throw muddy slush over my windshield so I can't see and have my calve twitch with irritation as I keep it on the pedal for 3 hours because I can't use cruise control.  The first day of spring was almost 1 MONTH AGO!  Ughh the weather here is so awful.  The season of Lent is almost over and it is later than usual and still winter continues...for a reminder of just how crappy this spring has been, I have added this picture of me and our dog Chubby (rest his soul) on Easter Sunday in 2006.  Notice my sandals and tank top.  That is so not happening this year . Those palm leaves that the Sunday School kids held as they paraded around churches this morning are the only green we will be seeing for weeks. 


Well...I guess not the ONLY green...About a month ago, right after we returned from skiing, I noticed that the bulbs were popping out of the ground.  I wrote that I thought they should go back into the ground because it was too early for them to be out.  Well, this was taken yesterday.  They are still green and growing although they have spent most nights freezing and have been repeatedly covered with snow.  What tough little plants they are!  I know early spring bulbs are frost resistant but these are pretty impressive.  When the irises finally bloom I will have a stronger appreciation for them.

I was cutting some quilt pieces this weekend and I left the equipment laying out.  I found Allan like this...

He loves to quilt!  He thinks that rotary blade is his!  Well, that might be a stretch but he does love to snuggle in quilts!

No comments: