Friday, March 11, 2011

Ski Trip

You won't be hearing from me next week because I am going to Big Sky, MT, for a ski trip!  Oh, I am so excited...It has been two years since I laid eyes on Big Sky and it feels like way too long!  My family started going on these trips (when I say family I refer to my family of origin and my aunt and uncle and two cousins) since I was in 4th grade.  There were nine of us for all those years and now there are 13 since three of us kids are married now!  I will spare you multitudes of old vacation photos but I have to show a photo of Big Sky in case anyone is wondering...it is so beautiful!  That mountain peak stands out, taller than the other mountains in the range and I have been at the top of it and skied down it many times beginning when I was 14.  I found this photo on Google images and I chose it above all of the ones I have taken because I love the perspective...that deck in the corner is at one of our favorite places to stop for refreshments and to warm up if it is cold or to enjoy the sun if it is warm. 

We have come a long way since our first trip, which was to the upper penninsula of Michigan in the early 1990's! 

Look at Pete...if I was in 4th grade that means he was in Kindergarten at the time!  Hard to imagine!  

This was our first year at Big Sky and I loved it right away!  Our clothes are bad but the backdrop is just as beautiful today as it was then!  I am almost certain that this photo was taken on "Mr. K", the long (3 miles!) beginner run that is popular with kids who are learning and ski schools.  It is a run I prefer if I have to go to the bathroom and want to get to a base area fast!  Haha. 

I bet, on that day, that no one imagined what might be happening 15 years later...little Katie, the one in the dark purple coat above, got engaged!  Haha it was too perfect!

So, I will see all of you when I return! 

Oh, I have to follow up with the post about the basketball tournament...the cousins' team won!  Here is a link to the newspaper photo gallery...it's awesome.  I love the joy in the pictures!  The girl named Taylor is one of the cousins. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/photogallery/id/787/

No comments: