Monday, November 23, 2009

Return to the BASSment

Last Thursday and resuming today, I have been trying to organize and make useful the final bedroom in the basement in time for the arrival of Thanksgiving guests. Justin brought his old childhood bedroom set from home and made me a long countertop with file cabinets. I have been trying to organize my life. What a mess it is!


This a picture of the room at the "It has to get worse before it gets better" stage last week. I will put up new pictures when I get done with this if I think it looks nice enough. How sweet is that counter? It is my "sewing table" and I finally can unpack all of the crap I have so I can find things without digging through piles of plastic totes and the fabric won't be all mashed together.

This looks like just another grocery box, but I had to mention it because this blasted thing has been with us, packed with junk, since we lived in Grand Forks. I finally addressed the problem and the box is going to the recycling bins!

Since I was in undergrad, I had a small NDSU bookstore shopping bag filled with looseleaf paper, new and half used notebooks, and a folder full of school papers. I finally disposed of the bag. I found this certain notebook that always makes me smile! This photograph shows two of about eight pages of song lists I made during one especially boring 100 level Western Civilization class. Among pages of notes about the Epicureans and the Ancient Egyptians I passed the time listing my top songs of each genre, each year off high school and college and for specific moods. Believe it or not, I got an A in the class even with my lack of attention and effort. I tore out the pages and disposed of the rest of the notebook. I also found one of Roommate's business notebooks filled with her writings about Economics and management schemes. Who knows why I ended up with it. Fascinating reading, but I tossed that one as well!

Stand by for more pictures of this room! Also, I look forward to putting up some Christmas decorations in the next few days because my parents and brother are coming for Thanksgiving. It is hard to get in the right state of mind, though, because the weather has been really sunny and well above freezing every day and it still feels like October as opposed to the end of November.

No comments: