Sunday, November 15, 2009

Allan's House

I went to suburban Minneapolis this weekend with my mom and sister this weekend with our only purpose being to shop. Oh, it was a delight! I love having access to more and different stores since the shopping here is limited.

We went to IKEA, which is a rare indulgence. I was keeping my eyes open for a new TV stand and possibly end tables (we are using wooden TV trays as end tables right now). I didn't find anything I liked, but I found a few other items!

This tray caught my eye as soon as I saw it!

It is ridiculous!

IKEA has a small fabric department where you can buy fabric by the yard. It is so different from what you can buy at regular fabric stores! I had to restrain myself and only bought 2 yards. I am too lazy to go photograph it right now, but you will most likely see it whenever I end up making something out of it!

The most whimsical, exciting piece of inventory I found at IKEA was this tent that is made for cats!


He seems to like it so far! (See his cute little striped face in there?) I put an old towel (a favorite textile of his) in it and he has spend alot of time in there today. Hopefully he doesn't get bored with it. A good aspect of IKEA is that it is very cheap and this tent only cost $7.00. Do you notice the camo pattern is actually cat shapes? So clever, those IKEA people. . .

No comments: