Sunday, October 11, 2009

If I Fall

On Friday it snowed for the first time this year! Yikes! It was also the first freeze of the year and the poor little tree in our front yard decided to drop all of its leaves, even though they were still green. It is as though it said "FINE! I give up..."



On another topic, I am trying to decide what to hang on the living room wall. I have these vintage bird pictures that used to be in my parent's house on the farm. My mom apparently got them from my aunt, who got them at an estate sale years ago. The frames were gold and my mom painted them black. I think they look OK black, but I am in the process of painting the frames an aqua blue color with a metallic finish.




Please take note of the rug on the floor...it is none other than the "Maren" rug from Pottery Barn that I wrote about many posts ago! My parents ordered it for us as a housewarming/bar exam passage gift. It is beautiful. It is beautiful enough to make me care about walking on it with shoes on and making sure it is vacuumed on a regular basis, which is a big change after years of dingy apartment carpet!

This is the metallic finish! I love it! I hope the project turns out! If not, oh well! It's not like I paid for them. . .

We have had several guests here already, which is great. It was rare to have an overnight guest in the past. We had our first overnight dog visit, which was fun! This is Lou, the dog of our friends the Beckers's. She was very sweet and well behaved. I am extending the invitation to everyone! Come to visit! We actually have a bed for you, not just a couch or air mattress!

No comments: