Thursday, October 8, 2009

Gin and tonic?

The kitchen is all together finally, and I think it looks perfect. I can't imagine it any other way. As I previously mentioned, it is painted yellow and from the outside it looks like it glows through the windows at night. It makes me want to get inside!

My favorite corner is this:



Don't get the wrong idea. . .I don't drink constantly. I probably drink one bottle of wine every two months. When guests come over I don't prance around with martini glasses on a tray. I do think that the wine rack adds some fun to the room though.
I found the "Gin and Tonic" sign at my favorite source for home decor. That place is TJ Maxx! Well, at least it's the most affordable and available source of home decor in my area. The martini glass was a birthday present from my friend Mandy approximately 5 years ago. Now, I know that martinis don't have gin in them (do they?) Also, we don't have any gin or tonic water. I do like it, however, so if anyone wants to get us a housewarming gift, well...hint hint, wink wink...

No comments: