Friday, June 6, 2014

Happy Birthay Allan! The Big 5!

It's hard to believe that my fat cat and favorite present I ever received is 5 today!  He was born on this day at the Humane Society back in 2009 and he waited until October for his family (us) to come and find him!  I was going to do a yearly photo continuum but that would just be dumb because he looks the same every year after 2009 and early 2010.  So I just scrolled around in my (very) extensive pictures folder until I saw folders with Allan on the thumbnail and chose a few very early pictures and some favorites.  I don't know when he went from being a skinny little thing with the build of a kitten to the beefy and robust  cat that he is now but it seems to have happened overnight. 
 
 
 This was taken on Thanksgiving.  It was the first one n our new house and my parents and brother came.  Allan took a liking to my dad right away. 

 
Here he is hanging out in our old guestroom before it turned into Ben's room.  That bush outside the window attracted many birds and he loved to watch them.  I feel a longing when I see pictures of the old house in it's pristine pre-kids condition.  It sure was cute. 

 
My old TV watching buddy!

 
Lazy...




 
This picture really captures the soft fluffiness of his fur!  Awwww...Al...I'm so glad to celebrate another birthday with you!  Justin was joking about how his life is almost half over now since cats usually live to be around 10 or 12 years old.  I reminded him that my grandmother had a cat that lived to be 21.  They got her when my mom was 16 and she died when I was in the late elementary school grades.  He was like "noooooo!" Don't worry Allan, you are ours for your life regardless of how long! 

No comments: