Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Spring Storm

I love the power of a thunderstorm although they scare me sometimes! Regardless of how threatened I feel by storms, they are a sign of summer so they make me happy.  Around 3 a.m. this morning, my dreams were filled with a loud whooshing sound.  It was like an airplane was right outside the window.  I finally woke up completely and realized that the sound was the wind.  It was thundering and lighting was flashing.  Of course, I went back to sleep and in the morning the sun was shining.

I went upstairs and noticed these strange objects in Andrea's dining area!

The storm was more severe than I thought!  The howling wind that woke me up also ripped these shingles off the roof!  Do not be alarmed.  You can see that the shingles are attached to some sort of plastic piece...these belong along the peak of the roof and are more like a finishing touch than functional shingles.  It's still crazy that they blew off though!  Good thing Jakey was safe inside!

Today was beautiful and humid and felt like summer.  The grass has turned bright green and lucious over night and the leaves are finally opening on the trees.  I went for my first rollerblade spin of the season and it was delightful!  The only thing that made me stop was hunger!

No comments: