Sunday, May 1, 2011

I Couldn't Help It...

I couldn't help becoming fascinated with the Royal Wedding last week.  I haven't been obsessing over it for months or anything and I didn't watch the live wedding footage in the middle of the night but I was really excited to see the wardrobe choices of the people involved and I have watched replayed footage and looked at many photos.  I was impressed and thought everything was very beautiful. I think Princess Kate is lovely and I like her style so I knew I would like whatever she chose! 

 I love the official photos that were released to the public.  They are so dignified and ROYAL, of course!  The symmetry is very nice. Kate's dress was so perfect.  I think it is interesting how conservative everyone is dressed (yes, I know that is the "rules" for most of the royal weddings that take place in the morning in historic cathedrals that I have attended!  Haha right!) and they looked beautiful!  Well, I guess I am not crazy about the pastel suits the women all woreg but it seems to be the thing to wear to this kind of occasion. I certainly love Pippa's maid of honor dress.  I know from experience that women with a smaller...bustline...can't go wrong with draping around that area!  My friend was visiting this weekend and we were watching some replayed footage on Saturday morning and she wonder out loud what Princess Diana would have worn for this wedding.  I imagine she would be wearing a pastel dress with a jacket like the other women but I'm sure would have been beautiful and modern looking.  I have a feeling that for the next year these styles will have a resurgence and bridal stores will have more dresses with sleeves.

It was fun to see how relaxed and smiling they were throughout the day.  I heard that Kate had applied her own makeup, which was kind of surprising but I can relate.  I had my makeup done at the salon for my wedding and I wasn't thrilled with the work!  I wish I had just done it myself!  

I can't imagine what a day they had!  I didn't even think about the fact that there might be wardrobe changes throughout the night until I saw this picture of Kate in her reception dress.  I was wondering if the other ladies would change into evening dresses and Camilla seems to have changed right into some sort of oriental looking mumu type of thing...maybe she should have kept the morning outfit on...

I hope these two royals have a long marriage so I can enjoy looking at pictures of Kate's clothes for years to come.  I am sure that as soon as a few weeks pass everyone is going to be scrutinizing the princess's abdomen for baby bumps which will probably be super annoying for her!  She better avoid any styles with an empire waist!

No comments: